Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Catching Up

It was a social social weekend. I went to San Francisco for the day to see a friend, and the next day attended Nathania and Kevin's wedding celebration potluck in a park. We arrived late; the directions we got from Google (which came from the Sunnyvale Parks website address list) led us to a completely different park. We were persistent and found it, with plenty of time to still enjoy cake -- particularly the Armadillo cake (alluding the the movie Steel Magnolias). It was all quite good.

While in SF, I went to Imagi Knit, where I fondled yarns nested from floor to ceiling in this crowded shop. The staff were very helpful. The store was packed with customers. I ended up purchasing much less than I wanted to (hurray for self-discipline). I bought some Karabella Aurora 8 100% merino wool and some Jo Sharp Infusion Kid Mohair. It's for a gift, and I'm not saying another word.

I also went to Lush, another shop where it is tempting to buy everything. My friend gave me an early Christmas gift and handed me money, which allowed me to merrily purchase a bunch of soap, bath ballistics, and bubble bath bars I wouldn't otherwise.

By the end of Sunday I was drained of energy. Monday a friend's manuscript arrived -- her first novel. She's asked me to read it, which is quite a privilege, as she has worked on it for years and always been private about it. Since Monday I've been reading and knitting. Not much else is going on. I need to rustle up some domestic action for this blog!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:45 PM, Blogger Kate Schmidt said…

    I'm impressed that you got out of ImagiKnit so easily. You must not have seen the Alchemy yarns. :)

    droooooooooooooool

     

Post a Comment

<< Home