Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Changing Direction

Interesting how life cycles around. When I began blogging in 2002, my first blog was titled The Hestia Chronicles. It was a personal blog, and I retired it when I opened my private counseling practice. That was replaced by my current blog, A Mindful Life. But I missed Hestia, including the image of her in the sidebar.

Now that I'm learning how to knit and have created this blog to focus on it, other ideas about domestic creativity present themselves. Why not celebrate domestic art? By this I mean the craft of everyday life: recipes, knitting, a diary of my daily life. Think of it as a domestic commonplace book. It won't be fascinating, but I need a place to note this part of existence. The other blog focuses more on spiritual, psychological, and cultural topics. Since I'm multi-faceted, two blogs make sense.

Mind you, I'll keep the knitting posts in here! I'm drooling as I peruse yarn online, and I hope I remain patient and become skilled. Yet I made a delicious entree tonight for dinner, and this calls for attention as well.

Thus does Hestia return to my life.

6 Comments:

  • At 12:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Speaking of "Domestic Art", I highly recommend these two books:

    Home Comforts: The Art & Science of Keeping House

    Laundry: The Home Comforts Book of Caring for Clothes and Linens

    We've got the first one and have ordered the second - they *rock*.

     
  • At 7:36 AM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I like it too. I also love the color scheme here that goes with her.

     
  • At 8:41 AM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Hey, I've got the Home Comforts book linked in the sidebar (under Live Well)! I haven't got the laundry book, though. Thanks for mentioning it. I'm kind of hard on clothes.

     
  • At 12:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Kathryn: What a neat thing you are reviving. All the best in this pursuit. I don't know how you can do it. One blog keeps me so busy already. I like the term Domestic Art. I relate to it in the cooking primarily. Again, best wishes,

     
  • At 12:55 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Nacho -- heh. That's what being unemployed does! I have the time, although someday I won't, I'm sure. When I get a job, or have a child, or to both! Then I'll have to choose between knitting or writing about knitting. ;) Until then, all this keeps me out of trouble. :)

     
  • At 4:34 PM, Blogger Shirl said…

    ah, so nice to see the lovely Hestia back!

    Only . . . stay out of trouble? Nah, that wouldn't be any fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home