Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Monday, October 10, 2005

Current Projects

I'm elbow deep. I'm working on my second scarf (a for-me scarf) since the first one was too short. It's merino wool and acrylic.
second scarf

Here's a scarf I started with Lion Brand yarn. Don't know who I'll give it to or if I'll keep it. It's knitting up differently from the way it looked in the skein, and I'm not sure I like it.
thirds carf

Then there's my "big" project -- a covering for the ottoman on which my cats lounge. Here's it is; it gave me fits today. I kept missing stitches for some reason.
kitty afghan

It will cover the top of this worn out, hair-laden much beloved-by-cats piece of furniture. There's an armchair that will get a bigger version someday.
ottoman

2 Comments:

  • At 4:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Lion Brand Homespun has that sort of color change built in, and it's not always evident as the skein is wrapped. Sometimes that is a happy surprise! We use Homespun for the Prayer Shawl Ministry at church, and it is fun to see it change as you go along. Usually.
    Three projects at once, already? You are a born knitter!

     
  • At 11:09 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Firebrand, I got it at my local knitting store, Commuknity. It's Lana Grossa Quattro Print. It's lovely to handle too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home