Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Dammit

I just spent three hours making beads from Sculpey and Fimo clay for the bookmarks. I put them in the toaster oven to bake instead of the big one, because I didn't want to heat the big oven for a little project. I should have. Halfway through, the beads began to burn but hadn't finished setting. All that time. Wasted. I don't know, maybe some will have set; once they're cool I'll check. And maybe they'll look funky and interesting -- not one color, but two, and it will add effect. Gargh. Maybe I should go buy beads, or just give up the idea.

I've never had a problem with this process before, but then, I've never used just a toaster oven. Take my advice: never do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home