Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Sunday, October 09, 2005

First Project Finished

I'm so very pleased with how it came out. Look!
my first knit project

It's too short to be the scarf I wanted, so I will use it as a small table runner for the top of a book case that has family photos.

AB encouraged me to go to Michael's to get more yarn. I bought some Lion Bran for a new scarf and a hat. I also bought some inexpensive yarn which I hope will become a small cat blanket, of sorts, to cover the furniture. This will make cleaning easier, since I can toss them in the wash rather than vacuum the chair. It's ambitious -- they aren't large or fancy, but it will take time. I also bought more needles... they are much less expensive (about half the price).

To prepare, I wound three skeins into center-pull balls. Now my arms ache. Time for sleep!

Yarn details: Musique Crystal Palace Yarns; 65 yards/50 grams; 2.5-3.5 sts/inch; size 10.5-11 US; 45% acrylic, 40% wool, 15% cotton; vendor Straw Into Gold, Richmond, CA, www.straw.com; $6.25 skein, 2 skeins bought at Knitting Arts.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    What a lovely scarf! It's a great feeling to finish a project. I have reached a state of having several knitting projects in motion at a time, and what a relief it was to finish one of them yesterday. I started a list of the projects on 43 things and put it in my sidebar, in the hope of keeping track of myself.
    What kind of Lion Brand yarn did you buy for the scarf and hat?
    (Wow, that sounds so impertinent! I wish I could remember how I wandered here a few days ago, but I can't seem to retrace my footsteps, or clicks, at the moment.)

     
  • At 12:11 AM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Hi, Songbird. Not impertinent at all! I bought the Homespun Lion Brand -- the color is Adirondack -- a heathery blue/purple.

    I've now got three project started. Already. :) Thanks for stopping by.

     
  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    I love the colors and the long tassels. I've made so much for other people, I feel I should make something for me as well ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home