Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Getting Crafty

Holidays are approaching. Christmas is my favorite holiday. I love the lights, ornaments, Christmas trees, cookie-baking, cider-mulling, caroling, and gifting of the season. This year I decided to try again to make some gifts for my friends near and far. Last year was too hectic and I spent most of the month in Washington helping to care for my father-in-law.

Back in 1999 when I took a trip to Europe (the 14 countries in two weeks kind), I noticed many windows had lovely lace half-curtains. While in Innsbruck, Austria, I happened upon a store that sold these, so I bought many yards of various lace designs. I used them at home, but my husband wasn't so fond of them when I moved in. So they went into my art supply storage. Last night I decided to make small sachets. I cut circles and used glitter glue to seal the edges. Then I put oil of lavender on cotton balls to wrap inside, tying the sachet with ribbon and affixing a small fabric ornament.
sachet grouping

Next up, making book thongs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home