Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Friday, October 07, 2005

I've Got Blisters On My Fingers!

Not really. But I do have a small callous developing on the tip of my right thumb, where I have the most contact with yarn as I push it from needle to needle.

I practiced the purl stitch. I do not like it very much. I also continued knitting the scarf, but I messed up somewhere. I tried to find and fix it, but I'm not skilled enough to figure that out yet. I'll go to the yarn store and ask for help.

But really, I ought to give my hands and eyes a rest. There's a whole weekend ahead. I've neglected working out for the past two days... best get back in the swing of it.

3 Comments:

  • At 7:22 PM, Blogger Stephanie said…

    Do you have a digital camera or scanner? Maybe a reader could spot the problem.

     
  • At 9:06 PM, Blogger Kate Schmidt said…

    As your fingers get used to knitting, you'll either get used to the callous or figure out how to knit so you don't get them. I did both.

     
  • At 9:35 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Hey Eden, thanks. I do have a camera but was able to get the problem fixed at the store today. I met a lovely person who gave me a lot of help. Except that I screwed up again while I was there -- and she helped fix that time. That's when I decided that perhaps my hands and eyes needed a rest. Yesterday I knit 11 hours, and perhaps that was ummm, a bit much. ;)

    Hi Kate! Good to see you here. The callous is a mark of distinction. ;) As long as whatever develops doesn't interfere with the stitching, I'm okay.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home