Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Organized Chaos

Yesterday evening I decided to tackle my art supplies. They'd become a mishmash of ribbon, beads, snippets of paper, and paint. It's one reason I haven't made many collages in the past year. Another reason is that my workspace is limited. The supplies are stored in the garage, but it doesn't lend itself well as a place to create, so I must bring it all inside to the desk I share with AB (except for when I paint a canvas, which is done in the garage).

So after classifying and tidying up the miscellaney, I re-painted a canvas to prepare it for work. It's drying now. I have some words and images selected, but I don't know if I'll use them. When I make a collage, I usually need a 6-hour or more block of time to peruse images and other items and then arrange them. It's kind of a long meditation. I'll probably get to that later in the week.

No knitting today. I feel less driven to it. This is good, because it means I'm finding balance to read and create in other ways. And I give my hands a rest, which probably is wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home