Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Productive Night

Last night I went to social knitting at Commuknity and finished the Homespun scarf. I'll donate it to the Dulaan Project. In the end I wasn't thrilled with the color, and it was fussy to work with. I've decided to treat myself to high-quality yarn for awhile to see if it makes my experience more pleasurable. I'll make an exception, of course, for when I will knit the larger afghan to cover the other chair the cats claimed. I used plastic circular needles for that little one and hated it. The yarn did not move smoothly over the needles. I ordered a pair of Skacel Addi Turbo needles to use when I start the bigger project. The photos below show my progress. Lots of little mistakes in each, but that will improve in time. My last session of the Beginner I class is tomorrow (at 10 a.m., ack). I enrolled for the next series, Beginner II. That starts November 3. I'm a knitting fool!
second scarf complete

small kitty afghan complete

Yarn notes
Cat blanket
  • Red Heart multicolor, 6 oz/170 g; 100% acrylic; color 0303 Painted Desert; medium weight (4); machine wash & dry.
  • Caron Simply soft; 7 oz./198 g; 100% acrylic; color 9905 Bone; 4-ply worsted weight; machine wash & dry.
  • Used a size 13 circular needle.
Scarf
  • Lion Brand Homespun; 6 oz./170 g; 185 yds/169 meters; 98% acrylic, 2% polyester; color 319 Adirondack; machine wash & dry.
  • Used size 15 needle.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:15 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Homespun is *very* fussy to work with, I agree. We use it for our Prayer Shawl Ministry, because it is economical, but it drives some of our knitters absolutely crazy.
    Congratulations on finishing projects! I am trying to wrap up several but keep starting something new.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home