Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Monday, November 07, 2005

Slightly Askew

All weekend I've had a restless feeling. My attention drifted and I couldn't get settled. I did knit and make art, and these provided some immersion into contentment. But when I wasn't doing those things, I felt somewhat on edge. There are small things nagging at the borders of my attention. I still haven't sorted through the clutter on my desk. The garage is a mess because I've been using it for art. The house could use some cleaning. I intended to cook this weekend but didn't.

What did I accomplish? I completed Christmas shopping for my parents and my sister-in-law (we sibs take turns giving to one sib each year). The sister-in-law on the other side of the family, as well as my husband's immediate relatives, remain to be done. I made headway on a scarf I'm knitting. Did laundry. Made art. Cleaned up the kitchen (and now it needs it again).

I don't know... just have this somewhat caged feeling. Perhaps a walk is in order. Winter is coming. It's supposed to rain today (finally!). I'd best get out while it's dry yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home