Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Saturday, November 05, 2005

SpendSpendSpend

Last night was fun! It was great to see all these knitting fools together in one room. Nathania look stunning in her heels and The Wedding Shawl. I got to meet Rebecca and Erin, employees whom I'd not really met. I chatted a bit with Emy and Chloe. And Kate helped me part with my money! (I'm still blamin' you if my hub asks! Hee.)

I won't go into detail about everything I bought because a few things were gift-oriented. I did, however, manage to buy more yarn (surprise! but it was on sale!) -- some lovely stuff I'll use to make fingerless gloves for myself at some point. And I also treated myself to something shiny. (Ooooo shiny!) This was a breast cancer awareness event, and at one table were gorgeous bracelets. I decided in honor of my mother's recovery and of all women, I'd get one.
It's made of Swarovski crystal and sterling silver. My mother had given me a spoon bracelet in September, and I've received numerous compliments on it since returning, including the artisan whose bracelet I bought. See?
And so I'll wear both bracelets. It's my Mom jewelry.
Guess I did enough damage last night!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home