Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Using Random Bits

I had nearly a full skein left from a scarf I made last month, so I decided to whip up a little dressy scarf. Perhaps scarves will become my "signature accessory" -- if I make enough of them, they probably will in the cold months. Seems like the house is full of rectangular pieces of knitted fabric. But I'm okay with that. I've been busy with Art Everyday Month, and I can make plain old scarves as long as I want.
purple mohair scarf
Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Infusion kid mohair, 80% kid mohair, 5% wool, 15% polyamide, colorway 614, 1 (mostly) 95 yard ball, size 35 needles

1 Comments:

  • At 3:29 PM, Blogger LKD said…

    Your bannister looks like a purple-haired girl. (smile)

    I LOVE your autumn scarf. That's flatout beautiful. And I'm envious of your "Drift" collage. I'm an art school dropout, and never had the knack to draw outside the lines or explore my creative expression in anything beyond the limits of my natural ability which consisted, still consists of pencil on paper. I was always too much of a photo realist. I love abstraction, to look at it, but trying to create it has always made me anxious. (grin)

    As for knitting...sigh. I tried. That's all I'm gonna say. I tried. I know so many people who've picked up those damned needles and whipped out beautiful scarves and afghans and made it look so easy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home