Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Scarf For My Sister

My eldest sister expressed lust for a scarf of her own. We discussed her color preferences; she bought the yarn, but I chose the colorway and type of yarn. I was in the mood to knit last night, so I did almost non-stop. Eight hours later, here it is. It needs to finish drying after the gentle wash I gave it, and then I'll send it to her. She lives in a frigid land, so this will arrive at an opportune time.
brown wool scarf
Combination of Debbie Bliss Cashmarino Aran, 55% merino wool/33% microfibre/12% cashmere, colorway 300008, two 90 meter balls + part of a third for fringe; Crystal Palace Merino Stripes, 85% merino wool/15% polyester, colorway 21, two 115 yard balls, size 13 needles.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home