Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, December 01, 2005

She's On My (S)hit List

You know that lovely purple mohair scarf I made only two days ago? Well, look what happened tonight. I'd taken it off just for a moment and somehow it ended up on the floor. By the time I noticed...
It was too late.

And this is the evil miscreant to committed such a dastardly deed. See?! Doesn't she look possessed?
She knows I'm highly annoyed with her. I won't let her near me, and I chase her off when she ambles over as if la-dee-da, nothing's wrong. I mean, I know it wasn't a work of art, but I liked it. It was pretty, just the right length, and I made it. Now it's unmade. I got this yarn in San Francisco, so it's unlikely I'll be getting more soon. *sigh*

I know she's just following her nature. I know the texture is much like a furry mouse and the fibers taste good. But damn. She's a bad, baaaaaad cat.

3 Comments:

  • At 8:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry about your scarf. Likely, I would react in much the same way. Even knowing that the cat only knows I'm annoyed, but not WHY I'm annoyed. And, frankly, I'd be kicking myself for letting it happen, mooning how I can never have anything nice without it getting ruined, etc. If you're feeling anything like that, I can empathize completely.

    Bad kitty!

     
  • At 9:18 AM, Blogger Kate Schmidt said…

    Oh, no! That's a BAD kitty!

     
  • At 1:02 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Thank you, dears, for the empathy. And yes, I've done a little self-kicking. Arrgh. I guess it's time to knit me a new scarf. Oh wait, I have just the yarn for it (purchased the other day at Commuknity). Imagine that. ;)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home