Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Saturday, December 31, 2005

Someone's Been Up to Mischief

After knitting the sister scarf, I set my size 13 needles on the table and left them for a couple of days. Yesterday I caught Sophie knocking one off to the floor to play with it; when I intervened, I noticed the other one is missing! I've searched all over the living room floor, under furniture and bookcases and pillows, and I can't find it. Where could she have put it? Naughty cat. You can see in her eyes that she's scheming other bad kitty tricks.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:16 PM, Blogger LKD said…

    What a lovely cat. She looks so serious, so somber, so pensive. Is she? I love her name. My cousin bought me a book called Bad Cat for Xmas which is a total hoot, photos of cats in various states of catness paired with hilarious captions, and all of the cats, or most of them, interestingly enough (hell, I thought it was interesting) have people names. Not alot of Fluffys and Kittys and Booboos. No, no. There are Kevins and Daves and Barbaras and Rhondas and so on.

    I covet your scarves.

    Happy new year, K.

     
  • At 5:28 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    Thank you, Ms. L. :) Sophie is very kittenish actually, even at 6 years old. She's small, only 8 lbs. Stella makes up for that by weighing in at 21 lbs. Both are amiable enough, though Stella has a love me-love me personality, while Sophie is stand-offish. She won't be held, and she likes being petted only on HER terms.

    I've heard of Bad Cat... I think I saw a calendar about it too. I need to get my hands on it.

    You live in a coldish place, right? I am making scaves left and right. I NEED to knit. If you would like a scarf, I can knit you one. Good yarn costs a bit, but consider it an indulgence. We can chat more by email if you are interested. I'm serious.

    Happy new year too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home