Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Monday, December 12, 2005

This, That, and the Other

It's Monday. I am waiting, hoping to hear good news about a job I want. I'll know sometime this week.

Meanwhile, I continue to play Santa. I dropped off more packages at the post office today. We're all done ordering gifts for Husband's family. I hope his mother's package arrives today so I can wrap and ship it tomorrow.

Wrapping gifts at the volunteer project yesterday was quite a lot of fun. I felt good knowing the community cared enough that residents have some joy at this time of year. Most of the residents are profoundly retarded, but joy doesn't require a high IQ to be appreciated.

On the creative front, not much is happening. I bought a mini-calendar for my purse that had a small mar on the cover. I put a cut-out of paper on the front cover, and it looks dandy. (I've given up on the idea of using my Palm device. I never got into it, and it takes up too much space in my purse.

Other than going to the bank and post office, I'm not doing much. So there's not a great deal of scintillating material for this blog. Ah, well.

Happy countdown to Christmas!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home