Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Sunday, January 01, 2006

New Year

Happy new year! Husband and I worked diligently to put away Christmas. It always seems to go faster taking down the decorations. I feel a sense of deflation, but I also feel content that I have my living room returned to its ordinary state. Time to get on with the business of 2006.

The weather is appropriate for the day: rainy, blustery, with wind gusts up to 50 mph. It's very dramatic and makes me want to stay inside, take a long hot bath, and light a fire tonight. The cats will be quite happy about the extra warmth.

By the way, we thoroughly cleaned the living room and there is still no sign of the missing knitting needle. It's not a small needle either! It's a mystery as to where Sophie hid it. I'm grateful I received a Michael's gift card from my parents. I may need to buy another set. Guess this means I'm a "real" knitter, now that I've misplaced a needle!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home