Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Obliterated

It seems as though my new job has pummeled my interest in this blog, and knitting, and other domestic artsy stuff. But I'm still here!

I like my new job. I finally have a daily rhythm. To bed at midnight; up at 8; to work by 9:30; work until 5:30; to the gym; home for dinner; make next day's lunch; set up coffee maker; read a bit; and go to bed. Now I need to figure how to weave a little knitting in there.

I also have other stuff to do, such as earning Continuing Education Units for my license (which I kept active in Texas). And I have some reading to do outside my job which is related to my professional and personal devlopment. I think I need to resort to a task list, and do something that helped last summer: create my own syllabus (of sorts) for the books I need to read.
  • Look up CEU coursework and learn what I need to do.
  • Complete Ethics, Gender, & Multicultural Issues in Supervision.
  • Complete Receiving Gifts from Clients: Ethical and Therapeutic Issues.
  • Complete Nine Ethical Values of Master Therapists.
  • Create reading syllabus for The Creative Connection.
  • Complete Expressive Arts as Healing and take test.
  • Create reading syllabus for Talking From 9 to 5.
  • Create reading syllabus for The Creativity Book.
  • Finish reading The Non-Profit Handbook.
  • Write thank you notes to the several artists who have sent me gifts of their work (GypsyCrone, Bess, and Kim).
  • Carve out a knitting time in my schedule.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger Emy said…

    I love to make lists.

    My problem, though, is that I make lists, and then misplace them. :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home