Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Sunday, February 19, 2006

To the Nth Degree

I'm extremely upset at the moment. Angry.

Something that was promised a year and a half ago -- a gift for my wedding -- still has not materialized. It was to be a handmade heirloom quilt. I picked the pattern and the fabric in December 2004.

Extenuating circumstances have prevented it from being made, though the person hired to make my quilt has made other quilts -- just not mine.

My first anniversary is next month. My current comforter is ratty. Still no quilt, and no indication as to when, if ever, it will be made. It's not in my control, since this was to be a gift from a family member.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home