Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Ball (of Yarn) Is Rolling

I managed to finish the blue scarf. I'll take a photo when it's light out. I also started another quick scarf for the Dulaan project this weekend. We had guests, and I took it along in the car to knit as we toured the Bay Area. And then I decided to start a shawl from random skeins of yarn I have on hand -- various weights, textures, and colors. I knitted yesterday for many hours, and it felt so good. Photos coming at some point.

I got an email from Commuknity announcing an event in July which I managed to sign up for just in time (only two spots left). It's called Stitch n' Pitch -- a trip to a Giants game with other knitters. We'll sit in a special section to watch the game as we knit. We'll get a Stitch 'n' Pitch tote bag, a limited edition Giants pattern, and an orange ball of yarn too! I've missed going to the store and look forward to seeing some of my knitting sisters again.

My job consumes my life, but I refuse to let it have all.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:52 PM, Blogger Emy said…

    Hooray! It will definitely be good to see you!! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home