Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Disconnected

I miss knitting. I picked up a project I began on Christmas Eve. It's nearly finished, but it's been hard to get to. This is a lame reason, I suppose. Knitting is so portable. But my new job requires so much time and that much more energy, that I've only been able to keep up with basic chores and do a bit of reading.

But now that the scarf is out again and nearly finished, all I need to do is keep it handy and work on it just a little bit each day. I don't have to knit for hours and hours as I did when I first learned. Every inch, every row, is progress.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home