Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Antsy

So I've got several small projects going on. I'm still making scarves, because the yarn in my stash was purchased with the intention of making them (not enough to do something bigger). I have enough stash and oddball yarn that I feel I should not purchase more yarn. At all.

But I waaaaaaannnnaaaaaa!

Well, what I want is to purchase yarn with intention. For instance, I'd love to make a Booga bag. Or a three-panel Noro felted bag. Or a sweater from the Big Girl Knits book. And I don't want to rummage through what I've got to see if I can come up with enough.

But I feel I can't, because I have some perfectly unused balls and skeins (in several cases one each) of Bouton d'Or, Claudia, Rowan Cashsoft, Crystal Palace Merino, and Noro Cash Iroha, and some random Cascade 220 and mohair. I suppose I could give these away, but these single skeins/balls represent real money -- in some cases $11 each.

I'm drooling as I find free patterns. I don't knit fast enough! Must. Exercise. Self. Control.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home