Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Sunday, June 04, 2006

First Prayer Shawl

prayer shawl 1
Last Monday I started this from random yarns (Rowan Cashsoft, Cascade 220, Crystal Palace Whisper, Southwest Trading Co. Karaoke, Crystal Palace Merino Stripes, Rowan Big Wool, Rowan Kidsilk Haze). I used a size 13 circular needle. It's not perfect, but I'm pleased. I think I'd prefer to knit a triangular shawl for my own use; I like the way they drape across my back and arms better.

1 Comments:

  • At 7:15 PM, Blogger Carol ReMarks said…

    It's beautiful, love the colors. I hope to make my first prayer shawl soon. My church even has a knitting ministry, now ain't that a shame that I haven't gotten involved with it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home