Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Wanted: Machine Washable Yarn

Do you have oddball yarn left over from past projects or a miscellaneous skein you don't want? I'll take them off your hands! I am looking for donations of machine washable yarn to make small blankets for animals in shelters. DK weight, worsted weight, bulky and super-bulky yarn is great (novelty yarns don't wear well). If you are local, please let me know and I'll coordinate the yarn pickup. If you don't live in the Bay Area, I'm willing to pay the shipping cost. Contact me for my snail mail address.

Please spread the word about the Snuggles Project. It's a great idea. It's also the reason I'm seeking yarn. I am coordinating a monthly group gathering with Hands On Bay Area, and the Snuggles we make will go to the Peninsula Humane Society & SPCA.

[cross-posted at A Mindful Life]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home