Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Ornamentation

I started with Sculpey clay, a rolling pin, and cookie cutters.
ornaments stage 1

Then I painted them on both sides. I'm glad I did, because they baked a little too hard on the side that had contact with the cookie sheet. It took several days to do this process because acrylic paint takes awhile to dry. Each piece has two coats of paint and one coat of translucent gold or silver paint (except for the candy canes which are simply white).
ornaments stage 2

Today I added embellishments to both sides and painted the candy canes. Now they just need time for the glue to set.
ornaments stage 3

Voila! Christmas presents!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home