Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Leap

Today I knit a swatch to get gauge for a simple knit tee. My mother bought the pattern for me at Christmas, and I have yarn in my stash. After I got the gauge, I cast it on. Cheers for me!

It's not incredibly complicated, but it's several levels more complex than anything I've knit so far. If I can keep at it and just finish, it will help me break through my avoidance by perfectionism.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:36 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    That sounds like a fun project! What kind of yarn are you using?

     
  • At 6:56 PM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    I'm using Karabella Aurora 8 -- a very yummy merino. :)

     
  • At 3:04 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Sounds lovely! Can't wait to see a photo.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home