Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Need For Pacing

Recently I've noticed a tingling, burning, and numbness in my hands, more the left than right, but definitely in both. I feel this when I hold a book or the phone for any length. I feel it when I sleep. I feel it typing (ironically, less so). And I feel it when knitting.

So knitting needs to happen more slowly. Alas, it's already a glacial pace in my life. I know the reason for this problem. It's carpal tunnel, but not due to repetitive motion. It has to do with the fact that increased weight and retention of fluid increase the pressure in the bony canal formed by the wrist bones on three sides and a ligament that runs across the wrist, and compressing the nerve that runs through this. Eventually (in about six months), this will abate (I hope).

1 Comments:

  • At 4:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations that your carpal tunnel will be a thing of the past in six months, and for lovely, sweet blessings arriving near the same time. Take care!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home