Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Felting Magic

On March 29, while I was going crazy with anxiety awaiting the amniocentesis results, I went the Purlescence Yarns to hang out and help tag merchandise. I didn't bring my current knitting. (Danger! Danger! Entering a yarn store without supplies!) I didn't want to go home after I finished the task, so I ended up buying a skein of Malabrigo and a circular needle and casting on. I had no idea what I would make; I just needed something to do. After working it for a few days, I decided it would become a felted bag, because I had two random skeins of Malabrigo that I'd no idea what to make with because the colorways were so bold. Well, I finished it today and felted it. (Working diligently on it this week helped me cope with the loss of my dear kitty.) Wow! I was a little worried it would remain huge, but I kept it in the washer a little longer (checking it frequently) until it was a size I liked. It's very firm and sturdy. The handles aren't perfectly aligned, but it's a small quirk. I made this without a pattern, and I'm super pleased with the result. Look see!

Malabrigo Kettle Dyed Pure Merino Wool, worsted weight, 216 yards per skein: 3 skeins of #186 Buscando Azul, 1 skein #7 Cadmium yellow, 1 skein #97 Quartzo purple; knit on size 10.5 circular 29" needle.
felted malabrigo bag before
felted malabrigo bag  after

2 Comments:

  • At 8:55 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    YEA!!! It looks great! This is your therapy tote. The colors look great together and felting Malbrigo, it still stays soft to the touch and yet firm, magic huh?

     
  • At 9:36 AM, Blogger Emy said…

    Ooh, I love it...bright cheerful colors. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home