Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Monday, April 16, 2007

How Can This Be?

Around 9 p.m. Husband found Sophie lying on the floor, not breathing, without a pulse. She just died. Sophie May was not quite eight years old. She was born September 1999, one month before I met Husband. I knew Sophie from her birth since a friend rescued her pregnant momma. Now she's just...gone. I am crazed with grief, anger, bewilderment. There is a Sophie-shaped space in our lives now, and we'll feel it keenly for a long time. She loved to nap in sun spots.
sophie snoozes
I love cats because I enjoy my home; and little by little, they become its visible soul.

--Jean Cocteau


[cross-posted at A Mindful Life]

3 Comments:

  • At 5:01 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Kathryn, I'm so sorry for your loss.

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh Kathryn, I'm so sorry for the loss of Sophie. How terrible.

     
  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Lisa said…

    How devistating, I am very sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful cat.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home