Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, April 26, 2007

Whirlwind

I'm feeling a surge of creativity, almost a compulsion, to finish things I began knitting. Below is a felted bag that I began last June. The handle was too long (instructions weren't clear and I'm still getting the hang of shrinkage percentages) so I modified it a bit. I want to make another!
felted noro bag before
felted noro bag after

Noro Kureyon, 100% wool, 100 meters (50 grams): 4 skeins, colorway 147, 153, and 2 others (I lost the label); 1 skein of Crystal Palace Fizz, 100% polyester, 120 yards (50 grams), color 7122; knit on size 11 needles. Pattern used: jag-bag-knits.blogspot.com/

3 Comments:

  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    Just want to let you know....after seeing your bag today I've been consumed with knitting lust. I must make this bag!
    I'm 1/3 of the way into one color of Noro, I have one other waiting for the next strip and somewhere there is a purple/green color scheme I bought at Stitches that would rock in the bag.

    Sandy had a good chuckle out of my desires.

     
  • At 2:47 AM, Blogger Aenigma said…

    So glad it inspired you! I'm pleased with the result and am sure yours will be marvelous.

     
  • At 11:15 PM, Blogger Mari said…

    I'm into the 2nd strip.
    What fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home