Knit Together

Let one who wants to move and convince others, first be convinced and moved themselves. If a person speaks with genuine earnestness the thoughts, the emotion and the actual condition of their own heart, others will listen because we all are knit together.
--Thomas Carlyle

Thursday, August 09, 2007

WaitWeighting

I'm 37.5 weeks pregnant and feeling the doldrums that result from being heavy, bulky, itchy all over, and hot. My doctor's visit today revealed no change from last week's visit. I believe this little one will probably end up being a September baby. Her due date is August 27, but I think she takes after her father, who is not so schedule-oriented as I.

Reading doesn't appeal. I've run out of steam for drawing and collaging, though I did have a surge of that in July. I had not knit in three months because of the pregnancy carpal tunnel, but the other night I became desperate. Since the cat barfed on the furniture recently, I decided to use fat yarn and needles to knit a blanket to put on the chair for her. That way I can easily clean up whatever ends up there. My husband says my mood has improved dramatically since knitting again. My hands still tingle (but they do almost all the time anyway), but there's not pain or numbness. I'll take breaks so as not to overdo it.

The warm afternoons make me queasy and sleepy; my best time of day is between 8 p.m. and 4 a.m. It's time for a nap! Get sleep while I can, right?

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 AM, Blogger Lisa said…

    Good to hear from you at least on your blog! Get as much rest as you can. Miss seeing you at the yarn shop!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home